10-Month Training Program Will Also Include Charitable Community Giving
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (January 11, 2023) – Forty professional engineers have been selected to participate in the Florida Engineering Leadership Institute (FELI) Class of 2023 to transform into community leaders while also giving back to communities across Florida.
As part of this 10-month program, the FELI Class of 2023 will participate in six sessions held in key cities throughout Florida. Each session will focus on different aspects of leadership, from development of personal leadership skills to team building, interactive sessions and first-hand accounts from experts in their respective fields.
Simultaneously, the FELI Class of 2023 will also raise funds to create a memorial park for individuals killed during Hurricane Ian which hit Southwest Florida in September 2022. While they have jump-started their fund-raising for the Hurricane Ian memorial park, they have also already contributed more than $6,000 to Operation BBQ Relief, which delivers the healing power of BBQ during times of need to first responders and communities affected by natural disasters. Operation BBQ Relief provided over 865,600 meals during a 38-day time period to those impacted by Hurricane Ian.
“The Florida Engineering Leadership Institute enhances the leadership skills of its participants and sets out a clear pathway to put these skills into practice serving our profession and our communities,” said Allen Douglas, Executive Director of Florida Engineering Society which produces the Florida Engineering Leadership Institute.
FELI Class of 2023 participants include:
- Fathy Abdalla, Kisinger Campo & Associates
- Erik Alcantara, AECOM
- Juan Bolivar, Stantec Consulting Services, Inc.
- Etienne Bourgeois, Gannett Fleming, Inc.
- Brandon Bruner, Moffatt & Nichol
- Sandra Bucklew, Greenman-Pedersen, Inc.
- Orlando Castro, Hazen and Sawyer
- Kellie Clark, Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc.
- Aylin Costa Napoles, RS&H
- Josenrique Cueto, Miami-Dade County DTPW
- Jaime Deese, Keystone Civil, Inc.
- Carlos Del Pino, CAP Government, Inc.
- Grant Fichter, AIM Engineering & Surveying, Inc.
- Jason Flick, Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson
- John Fowler, HNTB Corporation
- Lisa Fruge, WSP USA, Inc.
- Tim Garrett, HNTB Corporation
- Steven Johnston, TLP Engineering Consultants, Inc.
- Tammy Kreisle, Faller, Davis & Associates, Inc.
- Tim Lattner, FDOT
- Gregory Lehr, Chen Moore & Associates, Inc.
- Alfred Lurigados, BCC Engineering, LLC
- Ximena Pernett Medina, Resource Environmental Solutions (RES)
- Joshua Midence, Asphalt Group, Inc. – De Moya Group
- Anthony Nguyen, WGI, Inc.
- Joshua Nolin, Terracon Consultants, Inc.
- Jennifer Nunn, The Balmoral Group
- Joshua Pedersen, Patel, Greene, and Associates, Inc.
- Juan Prieto, Nova Consulting
- Paola Riveros, R.J. Behar & Company, Inc.
- Andrew Rodgers, WSP USA, Inc.
- Joey Roselli, American Structurepoint, Inc.
- Albert Salas, FDOT
- Michael Shepard, FDOT
- Kati Sherrard, FDOT
- Kennedy Simmonds, Pevida Highway Designers (PHD)
- Amit Singh, Scalar Consulting Group
- Gregory Spelios, Pinnacle Consulting Enterprise, Inc.
- Daniel Suarez, HDR Engineering, Inc.
- Brent Wilkins, RS&H
FELI Class of 2023 students will hold their next training session January 12-14 in Orlando.
# # #