The Florida Engineers in Government (FPEG) is one of the five practice sections of the Florida Engineering Society representing those members enhancing humanity and communities through public service and meeting public needs.
- Jesse VanEyk, PE, Chair
- Mark R. Fuller, PE, Vice Chair, County and Municipal Government
- Vacant, Vice Chair, State and Regional Government
- Vijay Mishra, PE, Vice Chair, Special District and Utilities
- Maqsood Nasir, PE, Secretary
- Audra Hayden, PE, Treasurer
- Meredith Montgomery, Staff Liaison
The Florida Professional Engineers in Government Professional Development Award is presented annually to the nominated government agency that has made the most outstanding contribution to the advancement and improvement of the engineering profession through its employment practices and professional development policies. Its purpose is to recognize and encourage all agencies to adopt progressive policies that support the employment of Professional Engineers.
The Florida Professional Engineers in Government (FPEG) Government Engineer of the Year Award recognizes the nominated engineer who has made the most outstanding contribution to the advancement of engineers in government.
The Florida Professional Engineers in Government are pleased to announce the availability of a $1,000 fellowship. To be eligible an applicant must be:
- Eligible to be a member of the Florida Engineering Society.
- Employed by a government agency in an engineering position.
- Enrolled in or accepted by a graduate program to obtain an advanced degree in engineering, engineering management, public administration, public works administration, or business administration (copy of acceptance letter).
If no qualified applications are received, FPEG reserves the right not to award a fellowship or to select a winner from the applications received by the FES scholarship committee. Preference will be given to upper-division engineering students with an interest in working for a government agency.
For more information or to join, please call (850) 224‐7121.